St. Augustine of Canterbury Church
Position Title: Faith Formation & Religious Education Coordinator
Reports To: Parish Priest
Position Summary/Scope of Service:
The Faith Formation and Religious Education Coordinator is a full-time, 35 hours per week, permanent salaried position. The successful candidate must be an active, practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
- Hold a graduate or undergraduate degree in Religious studies or a related field, or equivalent experience in the religious education background.
- Have at least three years of pastoral and administrative experience in religious education in a Catholic parish or Catholic school setting.
Professional Skills and Knowledge:
- Possess an ability to work collaboratively.
- Possess an ability to work with a flexible schedule.
- Have effective oral and written communication skills, effective organization and leadership skills.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Be punctual, meticulous, and reliable.
- Possess excellent time-management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the Once-Weekly Catechetical and Confirmation programs for levels Kindergarten through Eight, including sacramental preparation for First Reconciliation, First Holy Communion, and Confirmation;
- Coordinate the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (CIA) and the Rite of Christian Initiation for Children (RCIC);
- Research, evaluate, and determine the suitability of catechetical materials for the Parish, including all sacramental preparation programs, and complete yearly purchasing for the aforementioned programs;
- Evaluate and develop the Adult Faith Formation program for the Parish;
- Coordinate the Youth and Theology on Tap programs;
- Coordinate the Children’s Liturgy of the Word program;
- Enforce Safe Environment policies as relating to the faith formation of children;
- Recruit and facilitate training for catechists and volunteers;
- Participate in and represent St. Augustine’s Parish at regional and archdiocesan meetings, catechetical workshops and conferences, and deanery and other meetings pertaining to the faith formation of the Parish when necessary with the approval of the Pastor;
- Organize retreats and missions for the Parish under the directive of the Pastor:
- Coordinate correspondence with CHALICE-sponsored children;
- Provide resources for marriage and baptismal preparation courses;
- Coordinate the catechetical program for grades Kindergarten through Eight at St. Augustine’s School;
- Other duties as assigned;
Salary and benefits commensurate with education and experience.
Please direct applications along with a resume outlining your education and experience, to the attention of Fr. John E. Okosun, at St Augustine of Canterbury Roman Catholic Church, 327-4th Street, Brandon Manitoba Canada, R7A 3H1, or to email@example.com
While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.