St. Augustine of Canterbury is accepting applications for the position of Bookkeeper. The successful candidate would be in a position that provides a wide variety of duties related to the financial operations of the Church such as payroll, pre-authorized payments, accounts receivable/payable, budgeting, and donation receipts.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
· Payroll filing with Payworks online payroll systems on a semi-monthly basis
· Ensuring T4 summaries for all staff members are prepared and distributed in accordance with legislated deadlines
· Running the year-end processes, reports, and income tax receipts
· Update and maintain all parishioner personal and contribution files
· Maintaining the pre-authorized payment plans
· Ensuring the accounts payable/receivable remain up to date
· Creating receipts for donations
· Update and maintain all the accounting databases
· Maintain time off request spreadsheets – vacation, sick, and personal time for all staff
· preparing the annual operating and capital budgets for review/approval by the Trustees, and ensuring the annual budgets are adhered to on a monthly basis
· Requesting quotations from vendors for building repairs and other smaller capital purchases,
· Working with the auditor annually to prepare the ‘reviewed’ financial statements,
· Preparing submissions for government grants as applicable,
· Assisting the parish with the Sharing God’s Gifts appeal,
Education, Skills and Experience:
· Minimum of Grade 12 with at least 2 years of office accounting or payroll experience
· Experience with Payworks payroll systems, Acc Pac or Simply Accounting would be considered an asset
· Currently working towards an Accounting Designation (such as a CA, CGA or CMA student) would be considered an asset
· Well-developed MS Office skills and experience (i.e. Outlook, Word and Excel)
· Strong numerical skills with an unfailing attention to detail
· Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
· Excellent teamwork and team building skills, as well as ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimum supervision
· Demonstrated knowledge of parish operations and of the Catholic Faith is an asset
· A criminal background check will be required of the successful applicant.
This is Part-Time position of 3.5 days a week for 7.5 hours per day. If you have the appropriate skills and experience and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please forward your resume, the names of three references, before May 11th, 2021 to the:
St. Augustine of Canterbury Church
327 4th St.
Brandon, MB R7A 3H1
St. Augustine of Canterbury Church encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.