St. Augustine’s of Canterbury Parish in Brandon MB is seeking applications from individuals to become part of the Parish team. St. Augustine parish is a large, dynamic faith community dedicated to proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus as taught by the Roman Catholic Church through Word, Sacrament and Service. The successful candidate would be in a position that provides a wide variety of duties related to the financial operations of the Parish such as the preparation of monthly reports, reconciliation of the general ledger accounts, payroll, pre-authorized payments, accounts receivable/payable, budgeting, year-end financial statements, annual budgets and donation receipts. Completion of post-secondary courses in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration and experience with budgeting, accounting, and reporting is required. Demonstrated knowledge of parish operations and of the Catholic Faith is an asset. The position is for 26.25 hours per week. A competitive salary is offered. Please direct applications to the attention of Fr. John E. Okosun, at St Augustine of Canterbury Roman Catholic Church, 327-4th Street, Brandon Manitoba Canada, R7A 3H1, or to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Tuesday, May 11th. While we thank each applicant for their interest, only selected candidates will be contacted.
St. Augustine of Canterbury is accepting applications for the position of Bookkeeper. The successful candidate would be in a position that provides a wide variety of duties related to the financial operations of the Church such as payroll, pre-authorized payments, accounts receivable/payable, budgeting, and donation receipts.
Key Activities and Responsibilities:
· Payroll filing with Payworks online payroll systems on a semi-monthly basis
· Ensuring T4 summaries for all staff members are prepared and distributed in accordance with legislated deadlines
· Running the year-end processes, reports, and income tax receipts
· Update and maintain all parishioner personal and contribution files
· Maintaining the pre-authorized payment plans
· Ensuring the accounts payable/receivable remain up to date
· Creating receipts for donations
· Update and maintain all the accounting databases
· Maintain time off request spreadsheets – vacation, sick, and personal time for all staff
· preparing the annual operating and capital budgets for review/approval by the Trustees, and ensuring the annual budgets are adhered to on a monthly basis
· Requesting quotations from vendors for building repairs and other smaller capital purchases,
· Working with the auditor annually to prepare the ‘reviewed’ financial statements,
· Preparing submissions for government grants as applicable,
· Assisting the parish with the Sharing God’s Gifts appeal,
Education, Skills and Experience:
· Minimum of Grade 12 with at least 2 years of office accounting or payroll experience
· Experience with Payworks payroll systems, Acc Pac or Simply Accounting would be considered an asset
· Currently working towards an Accounting Designation (such as a CA, CGA or CMA student) would be considered an asset
· Well-developed MS Office skills and experience (i.e. Outlook, Word and Excel)
· Strong numerical skills with an unfailing attention to detail
· Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
· Excellent teamwork and team building skills, as well as ability to work with a high degree of autonomy
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimum supervision
· Demonstrated knowledge of parish operations and of the Catholic Faith is an asset
· A criminal background check will be required of the successful applicant.
This is Part-Time position of 3.5 days a week for 7.5 hours per day. If you have the appropriate skills and experience and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please forward your resume, the names of three references, before May 11th, 2021 to the:
St. Augustine of Canterbury Church
327 4th St.
Brandon, MB R7A 3H1
St. Augustine of Canterbury Church encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
St. Augustine, Brandon
Holy Thursday 7:30 pm -Mass of the Lord’s Supper
Good Friday 9:00 am -Morning Prayer
12:00 pm -Passion of the Lord + Communion
3:00 pm -Passion of the Lord + Communion
7:00 pm -Stations of the Cross
Holy Saturday 9:00 am -Morning Prayer
12:00 pm -Blessing of Easter Foods
Easter Vigil 9:30 pm -Vigil Mass of the Resurrection
Easter Sunday 9:00 am -Mass of the Resurrection
11:00 am -Mass of the Resurrection
7:00 pm -Mass of the Resurrection
St. Mary’s Souris
Holy Saturday 6:30 pm -Virgil Mass of the Resurrection
We were so saddened to hear of the passing of Sister Joan. Both Claudette & I sang in the choir with her over many years. She was such an inspiration.
In 2015 she was the inspiration of making a tribute documentary on her life that we called MUSICAL NUN. We couldn’t have chosen a better subject. We spend many weeks filming & getting to know her better. If only more had had the time to talk with her, she had quite an amazing life.
I’m sure there will be many of St Augustine congregation that knew her would be interested in seeing this documentary on her life.
It’s easy to access via Youtube by typing “Musical Nun”
Ken & Claudette McKenzie-Cochrane
Donation receipts will be mailed this out this year before the end of February.
St. Vincent de Paul are collecting furniture, household items, dishes, pots and pans, & cutlery. Please call the Parish Office at 204-727-4728. This is a very worthwhile ministry helping people in need and those who are newcomers to Canada. Our storage area is almost empty, we need everything you can supply us with. Thank you.
Due to Covid-19 health regulations, WDP 2021 service will be held virtually this year.
A one-hour WDP service will be available on YouTube starting Monday February 15, 2021 on a link to the video on the wicc.org website. It will be available for viewing until at least Friday, March 5, 2021. The worship service is prepared by the women of Vanuatu.
The 2021-2022 registration for new Kindergarten students for St. Augustine School is coordinated by the Brandon School Division. St. Augustine will continue to offer full day every day Kindergarten programming. Existing and new families must submit application forms to the Brandon School Division office at 1031 – 6th Street.
∙ Application forms are available on the Brandon School Division web-site, at the Brandon School Division Office and at St. Augustine School
∙ Application period for St. Augustine School Kindergarten
∙ January 25, 2021 to February 5, 2021 – 9:00AM to 4:30PM
∙ Paper applications are to be dropped off to the Brandon School Division Office, 1031 6th Street, Brandon, MB R7A 4K5
Registration for the 2021-2022 Grades 1 – 8 waiting lists will be taken at the St. Augustine School office beginning February 1, 2021. If you have any questions, please contact the school office at 729-3285.